January 19, 2009

The actor Daniel Craig has baited rockstar Noel Gallagher by claiming that he is a better guitarist

The James Bond heart throb joked that he could not play the Oasis guitarist in a film about the band because of his superior skills.

But 40-year-old Craig also mistakenly paid Gallagher a compliment by saying he was too old for the part of the 41-year-old songwriter.

Craig made the comments at the premiere of his film Defiance in London when asked about rumours of the bizarre offer.

He said: "Noel Gallagher wants me to play him in a movie about his life? That is ridiculous, he must have been in a very good mood to say that.

"I'm way older than him anyway, so I couldn't play him, but I love the idea, it's fantastic.

"I can play the guitar better than Noel can so I don't know how that is really going to work.

"I haven't had a call from Liam yet so I'll wait for that one."

Mancunian Gallagher recently said smooth-talking Craig was the ideal candidate to portray him in a movie about Oasis.

He said: "I wouldn't be averse to a film about Oasis. And I would like Daniel to play me.

"I said to him, 'If you can swing it for me to get the James Bond theme tune, you can play me if they do an Oasis movie.'"

source

No comments:

Post a Comment